Monday, March 3, 2008

Santa Barbara Wine Country Half Marathon

Here's the half marathon I'll be doing.
http://runsantaynez.com/

Prepare to take a scenic journey you'll never forget on this scenic course through the Santa Ynez Valley bordered by the Sierra Madre Mountains and the Pacific Ocean. Starting in downtown Santa Ynez, the course passes through the quaint town of Los Olivos before finishing on Copenhagen Drive in the heart of historic Solvang. In between you'll wind through clusters of horse ranches, fruit orchards, lavender farms and vineyards. The first six miles of the course are relatively flat, then after a short hill climb at mile 6 the final 6.5 miles are mostly downhill and fast.


I wonder if we'll go by Oprah's house? There's a wine festival at the end of the event, so I figure if I'm having trouble, the thought of getting drunk on free wine at the end might push me through to the finish line. But honestly, the thought of wine after 13 miles isn't all that appealing.

But it should at least be gorgeous scenery while I'm torturing myself for 13 miles! My friend Lauren is going to do the event with me, so I'll have a buddy. She can actually run, however, so I might only see her at the start and the finish line.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I can't believe you've been blogging for like an entire month and didn't tell me. You have purposely cheated me out of endless opportunities to laugh and riddicule! Umm...I mean support you and give advice. ;)
If you got the dorky fanny pack yet, you can bring a little digital camera and get photographic evidence, then learn how to upload photos! (hint: try clicking on the "upload photos" icon) Hell, if you figured out how to put a donation button on, I think you can handle it.
Also, congrats on getting under 15 min/mile pace, that's awesome!!

Gretchen said...

Okay, I just realized you posted all those entries today, not all through the month of February. But still, you look like a pro!