Monday, March 3, 2008

February 16, 2008, Week 3:

Today we are set to do 4 miles. I think we actually do a little longer. Today was a super cranky training day for me. I was trying to pick up my pace a little. The Santa Barbara 1/2 marathon people are apparently very insistent that you finish the race in under 15 minute/mile. Like, they're stopping the race after that time and if you haven't crossed the finish line, too bad. I've been consistently walking a 16:15/mile pace, and feel like I'm walking pretty fast, so I'm not sure what to do. Shari and Gretchen tell me I will have to start JOGGING part of the way to get under the 15 minute mark. I am just not one of those crazy runner people. I hate running. It makes me gasp, and turn red, and it hurts. During my neighborhood walks during the week, I try walking for 5 minutes and running for 2. I do that once. Then I slow my walking to a crawl. And try to run for 1 minute. Make it about 20 seconds. Barely make it home. Running bites.

So all of this is going through my head and I'm feeling cranky. Ginger, the woman I'm always trying to catch up to is STILL smoking my ass every week. She's like that little bunny at the greyhound track that I keep trying to catch. A little energizer bunny in a baby blue track suit! Then I realize my ADD kicks in around mile 3 and I am completely bored and slowing down to look around. Must talk to Grant and ask him to explain to me once again how to use an iPod.

Also met with the nutritionist and fundraiser this week. The dietitian told me I needed to drink less beer, eat more fruits and vegetables, and get more calcium. Shocking revelations! The fundraiser was impressed by how well I'm doing on raising my goal of $2100. I am really so honored, surprised and touched by how much money I've already raised! Thanks everyone!!

No comments: