Saturday, May 3, 2008

May 2, 2008: "Just 5 Miles"

Words I thought would never come out of my mouth: "Oh, training will be easy on Saturday, we're JUST doing 5 miles!" Who said that? ME? It's true! 5 miles now is a *short* distance. Well, let's not get crazy here, it's not short, it's just do-able. I don't think I'll ever do 5 or 6 miles all on my own, just for fun, because it's super boring and my ADD can't handle that little stimulation, but as a group activity, I can do it! I look back on the past blog posts and remember how intimidating each week's mileage seemed, and how I was able to do it, each and every week, even when I thought I couldn't. Hey, I can do more than I think I can. That's almost inspirational or something.

RACE is Saturday. I'm praying for cool weather. So much easier to walk when it's cooler. Last week was apparently another scorcher that I missed out on (YAY). My Dad is allegedly retiring, so they had a big huge party for him. I say allegedly because I'll believe my Dad will retire when I see it. Grant's dad retired for about 3 weeks, and I expect the same from my Dad.

So, by 10 AM next Saturday, I'll be DONE!!!!! Hopefully by 10:15, I'll be drinking some wine! Check back here for the final report and hopefully pictures.

No comments: